After I had my second baby I quickly realized the items that I really needed and loved and narrowed it down to five items that are must-haves for your 3-6 month old (at least they were for my baby!) These are my opinions based on my experience with my two children. I didn’t use ANY of these items with my first baby because I either didn’t know they existed or I just didn’t really know what a 3-6 month old needed because I was a first-time mom! Second time around, I think I’ve got just a little more figured out.
- Sophie the Giraffe. This (kind of expensive) teething toy is SO worth it. It’s a super cute giraffe that’s made with a natural rubber, safe for your baby to chew on. I found this toy the easiest for my baby to hold onto. The other toys that were more circular or had lot’s of parts dangling caused my son to drop them much more frequently. When my son chews on Sophie, he can use the legs, neck, and body to hold onto her, which is much easier! It squeaks too 🙂 Grab it from Amazon here!
2. Silicone Teething Feeder. This is SO much nicer than the mesh feeders! When my son was about 5 months old, I started putting cold bananas inside and let him gnaw on it. He loved it. Not only was he relieving his teething pain from the cold bananas, but he was getting introduced to solid food. It’s much easier to clean than the mesh feeders because it really just needs a quick rinse with soap and water, rather than trying to clean out all of the crevices in the mesh liner that food gets stuck into. Grab one here!
3. Bibs with teethers attached. I did not even know these existed when my daughter was a baby, but it’s a game changer! I found mine on Amazon (click here)! But seriously, aren’t they adorable? So much drool on these babies so we might as well put a teether on there 🙂
4. Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother. This little aquarium attaches to the inside of the crib, lights up, and has several settings for sounds. My son struggled with laying in his crib alone, but this literally mesmerizes him! Again, I didn’t have this for my daughter (ugh!) You can purchase this here on Amazon!! Even my 2 year old wanted to lay with Harper and watch the fish in the aquarium!
5. Leather Pacifier Clip. These are ADORABLE and so functional. I would be losing Harper’s pacifier left and right if I didn’t have it attached to him. Another item that I didn’t have with my first baby (Bailey). I got mine on Amazon ( You can get it here ). It’s by Madeline’s Box. A friend recommended it and it really is perfect. I have a brown one and a black one!
What are some of your must-have items for your 3-6 month old? I’m on the hunt for some good products for the next few months for the 6-9 month baby must-haves!
***This post contains affiliate links. I make a small commission if a product is purchased through my link.
2 thoughts on “5 Must have items for your 3-6 month old!”