As most of you know, I am a full-time teacher, but I took two years off to stay home with my kids. I needed to find ways to make money from home in order to do this. Today I am going to share 5 ways you can make money from home!
I’ve also put this together into a YouTube video. If you’d like to watch it, head over here!
- Nanny/Babysit/Daycare: If you are a stay at home, watching other children can be the best bet for you! I did get certified to run a before and aftercare center in my home. I watched two children, which helped me a lot, financially. After a few months, I found that I didn’t love what I was doing. I decided to try something new.
- Online Teaching: I found a company called VIPKID that allowed me to teach from home, in my pajamas for $20 an hour! Does it sound too good to be true? It was legit! (you do need at LEAST a Bachelor’s degree) I began teaching in December of 2017 and continued until August of 2019. I still teach random classes but it has become harder since I do work full-time now. If you’d like to apply, click here! I can help you through the process. Find me on Instagram or Youtube and let me know that you applied with my link. I will be glad to help you!
- Instagram/Blogging: I started my Instagram and blog to give myself a creative outlet while staying home with two kids. Soon, I began getting collabs and creating a business out of it. While it’s taken me a long time, it is definitely something you can do to bring in some extra cash. Check out my last post about how you can be successful at IG HERE!
- Etsy/Selling Items: Do you have a talent? Can you knit? Are you a graphic designer? Photographer? Find something that you’re good at and use it as a selling point!
- Virtual Assistant: There are a lot of companies and/or influencers that look for virtual assistants to help them with their day to day tasks, websites, social media, etc. If you search online for virtual assistant jobs, I am sure you will find a ton!
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you watched my video, I hope you enjoyed that too! Let me know if you have additional ways that you make money from home! I would love to share and exchange ideas! Thanks for stopping by!